Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Privacy and Well Being...


The other day my older sister comes over and tells me about how excited our Mother is to have read her blog. Apparently our mother enjoys reading about our lives. Then upon going to my Mothers house a few days later, she asks the dreadful words..."Rachel, Do you have a blog, because I would love to read it."

"NO....NO NO NO NO......NOOOOOOO!"

Actually, those weren't the words that came out of my mouth, the real words were...

"Yes, but I don't write in it that often."

"I would like to compile some of all your kids writings to send to Grandma."

"NOOOOOOO....DOUBLE NO NO NO NO NON O NO NONO!"

Again, those were not the words...

"Okay, I'll send you the link"

Ah, maybe it can't be that bad...I'll just filter through any negative thoughts I may have posted out of anger. I filtered, but it turns out I didn't have to delete anything. Nice, I've discovered through blog filtration that I am a good person.

Now I felt challenged. G's blog (initials are her idea) is an AMAZING blog. Very detailed, structured, and generally mind consuming. This morning I read it for the first time and could not stop reading. It was great, my sister is deep minded. Impressive at the least.

Now I am jealous of her writings...how am I to compete with such verbal perfection? Such amazing daily adventures? I shall aspire to write like her.

This reminds me of a time that I was upset with G for stealing my friends. How SHALLOW of her! Right? So I confronted her, I said

"G, I don't like you stealing my friends, I don't want you talking to them anymore."
G- "I'm not stealing your friends, they just like me better"
Me- "NO THEY DONT, you're stealing them!"

See, I was jealous that my sister had a better personality than mine. Everyone thought she was sweet, and mature, and smart, and funny, and whatever! I was jealous, and she was stealing my friends so she was EVIL in my book. My confrontation of her friend stealing tactics turned into a heart felt dancing of words which resulted in her knowing that I was jealous of her personality, and me knowing that she was jealous of my ability to attract people to our home.

My point being...She has one upped me again! She's sweet, mature, smart, funny and now, she's verbally gifted!

Where was I going with this? Oh yes, that's right. Upon discovering that our Mother enjoys stalking us via blog entries I decided that I would abandon my blog and never again write in the world of cyber communications. Then, I read G's blog...CRAP! I'm inspired and now have the urge to write my every thought and experience of my life into a blog.

Today I have decided that it's okay if my mom knows who I am. I mean for goodness sakes...we all need entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment