Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Loving an enemy.

Last night I dreamt that a man whom I don't appreciate all that well, was learning to fly. I was teaching him. He was floundering all over the ground like an idiot, and didn't under stand when I told him he had to run as fast as he could, then jump into the air and spread his wings. So I yelled at him...I said, "what don't you understand!?"

Then suddenly I floated backwards and realized that his wings were broken. Feathers were missing, muscles were weak. I began to feel sorry for this man that I never thought I would feel sorry for. He's caused so much pain to those that I love and cherish.

So WHY did I feel bad?!

I thought for a moment then said to myself... "if I were to give him my wings, he could fly."

As I helped him up off the ground he was fighting with, I thought to myself... "If I give him my wings I will never be able to fly again...what if I fall? I'll hit the ground, and I'll hit it hard"

I gave him my wings and with peace and joy in his face, he flew away.

Why did I have a dream where I was helping a man whom I did not like? I then realized that this dream was God's way of bringing clarity to a scripture I had read before bed that night.


Matthew 5;7 - "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy"

No comments:

Post a Comment